Car and Van hire in Dublin
Why Hire with Enterprise?
- Recommended Provider - Recommended Provider with Which.co.uk
- Free pick up - We'll drop you off too
- Modern Fleet - Latest models
- Excellent Customer Service
- Free Cancellation - Free outside of 7 days of pick-up
With a variety of things to do and see in Dublin and the surrounding area, there is no better way to experience it all than with an Enterprise rental car. See more than just the centre of the capital and its main attractions and venture out to the nearby Wicklow Mountains or see Trim Castle, which featured in Braveheart. Hire a car in Dublin City Centre and experience Ireland’s world-renowned scenic beauty.
With five Enterprise branches across the capital, we’ve made it easy to hire a vehicle in Dublin no matter where you stay. If you’re flying in to Dublin Airport, you can rent a car at the counter. We also offer a convenient pickup service for all of our non-airport branches free of charge. No matter what your plans are, we can make sure you drive away in the perfect Enterprise rental and enjoy your time in Dublin.
Wide Range of Rental Cars
Whatever the purpose of your visit to Dublin, we are here to help you find a rental car that suits your needs. Whether you prefer manuals to automatics, or petrol instead of diesel, we can tailor the vehicle to your exact requirements. Our fleet ranges from luxury car rentals to small hatchbacks and people carriers to hire. The cars are well-maintained and meet ultra-low emission regulations for the highest fuel-efficiency. Get a quote above to find the perfect rental for your time in Dublin.
At Enterprise, we like to make it as easy as possible for you to get a rental deal that meets your specific needs. We offer customisable packages and let you add additional drivers, child booster seats and GPS navigation.
Do You Need a Van Rental in London?
If you’re heading to Dublin to do some heavy lifting and haulage, we can provide you with any large or small van to suit your needs. Whether you’re relocating house to the Emerald Isle or looking to transport a large order of your favourite dark stout – we’ve got vans that get the job done. You can choose from short wheelbase vans to the spacious long wheelbase Luton. Our fleet of affordably priced vans is always under four years of age and will get you from A to B reliably, so if you are after extra cargo space, get a van rental quote above.
Cheap Car Hire in Dublin
Dublin is an extremely popular destination for weekend escapes so make sure to look out for our great value weekend rates. To help minimise costs and get around Dublin efficiently, search for the best deals on the Enterprise website. Considering we are a Which? Recommended Provider, you can rely on us to provide you with clear pricing and no additional costs. The 20 million happy customers we serve every year know our teams provide the best service and try tailoring your car rental to all the requirements you might have.
Airport Car Hire in Dublin
As many as 28 million visitors arrive in Dublin each year, so we make the process of car hire at Dublin airport as smooth as possible. To avoid long queues and to get you on the road quickly, there is an Enterprise customer service desk at both Terminal 1 and in the multi-storey car park in Terminal 2. These service desks are in addition to the main Enterprise building at Eastlands Car Hire Facility by the outskirts of the airport.
Enterprise Car Rental Services
At Enterprise, we understand our customers need flexibility when hiring a car or van. To ensure you recieve the best experience, we offer a number of car rental services that would help meet customer needs.
One Way Car Hire
Free Pick Up and Drop Off Service
Long Term Car Hire Service
Natural beauty on the Emerald Isle:
Dublin and the luscious nature that surrounds the historic city, attracts thousands of tourists all year round and it’s not hard to see why. Whether you’re looking for a lively city break or after a tranquil retreat, the capital can certainly cater to both.
The best way to enjoy Dublin’s outstanding natural beauty is to explore by car. Within minutes of landing in the city, you could be setting off on the road trip of a lifetime! Starting at the gothic-styled Dublin Castle, you could make your way to Kilmainham Gaol – the notorious political prison. Whilst you’re there, why not awe at the beautiful medieval cathedrals dotted throughout Dublin, including St. Patrick’s and the Christ Church Cathedral.
Lively activities in Dublin:
If you’re after a more upbeat weekend however, look no further than Dublin’s world famous Guinness Storehouse and enjoy beer tasting on the rooftop bar. Also positioned close to the storehouse on the other side of the River Liffey, is the Jameson Distillery. You could complete your day out by booking tickets to watch a rugby game at the Aviva stadium or by embracing the national sport instead, Gaelic football.
With the added convenience of having many Enterprise branches across the city, you know you can plan your trip just how you want it.
- In the Republic of Ireland you drive on the left, like in the rest of the British Isles.
- International driving permits are required if you are not travelling from other EU nations, the UK, Canada, Australia or the US. Accompanying the permit should be your individual driving license.
- Motorways are indicated as a blue sign and the letter “M”, whereas the national roads are green signs with an “N”. For example, the M40 or the N9.
- Dublin’s M40 orbital motorway helps avoid the traffic of the inner city. The speed limits range from 120km/h to 80km/h but be aware of changes where construction or an accident occurs.
- Speed limits are in kilometres and are as follows: 120 km/h (75 mph) for motorways. 100 km/h (62mph) on national routes (both for primary and secondary roads that are not designated motorways). 80 km/h (50 mph) when driving on local and regional roads. Residential areas are restricted to 50 km/h (Roughly 30 mph).
- Apps or GPS navigation tools that warn you of fixed speed cameras are forbidden in Ireland, so disabling such functions is advised to avoid potential fines.
- Narrow country lanes are commonplace once you drive out of the main city perimeters. Take precautions and ensure you anticipate oncoming cars or farm equipment at blind corners.
- Dial 112 to contact the emergency services when travelling in Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to hire a car with Enterprise?
The essential items you will need to bring to an Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch when hiring a vehicle are a valid drivers licence, valid ID, and a credit or debit card. You will also need to prove you are over 25 years of age, and there may be additional documentation required for international drivers. Learn more about what you need when hiring here.
- Do I need insurance to rent a car or van?
No. At Enterprise you don't need to purchase insurance as we provide a damage waiver within the cost of your hire. You can, of course, take option to purchase additional protection products to reduce the excess further to give you complete peace of mind. Visit our car hire insurance page for further details.
- How old do I need to be to hire a car or van?
All drivers must be a minimum of 25 years old. Only drivers over 30 years old may hire full-size MPVs, premium vehicles/exotic cars and Luton vans. Younger drivers might be interested in Enterprise Car Club. Learn more about age requirements for hiring a vehicle here.
- What are the driver's licence requirements for car hire in the UK & Ireland?
All drivers must produce a full, valid driving licence. Non-EU licence holders are required to have an international driving permit if the licence is not in English. All renters must produce photographic ID - this can be a passport or driving licence. Learn more about car hire driving licence requirements here.
- Can I hire a car with a debit card?
We accept all major debit cards except for Maestro, Electron, Solo and pre-paid cards. To hire our 4x4s and premium vehicles, we require a credit card. All cards MUST have the main driver's name on it. Learn more about our accepted card payment methods here.
For more FAQs, please visit our FAQ page.